VoIP Field Technician
BCT Consulting is looking to expand our VoIP support team by adding an experienced VoIP Field Technician. The ideal candidate should have previous experience working in a telecom environment, a passion for learning and for surpassing customer expectations.
The VoIP Field Technician performs service and installation of company products. This candidate will setup service for customer by installing, connecting, testing, and/or adjusting equipment by accessing specific areas at customer locations. Applicants must be punctual, focused, and extremely efficient.
Provide technical expertise in the requirement specification, configuration, and testing of VoIP network elements and network infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise in the requirement specification, configuration, and testing of VoIP network elements and network infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to customers on the operational or maintenance aspects of installed equipment.
- Serves as the first contact point of contact for technical and service related problems for customers.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of standard business software (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Diagnoses and resolves mechanical, hardware, software, and systems failures using established procedures, documentation, and support contacts.
- Must have strong IP and VoIP protocol interoperability troubleshooting skills.
- Interacts with customers responding to technical questions or request information.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
- Travels to attend to equipment
- Maintains necessary tools, devices, parts, personal and company owned property
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver license
- Satisfactory driving record with a minimum of three consecutive years of driving
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to lift 75 to 90 lbs