VoIP Support Engineer
BCT Consulting is looking to expand our VoIP support team by adding an experienced VoIP Support Engineer. The ideal candidate should have previous experience working in a telecom environment, a passion for learning and for surpassing customer expectations.
Works with a team of highly skilled individuals providing technical expertise to stabilize and advance BCT Consulting’s VoIP department. Will be working with clients and telecom manager to provide help desk and network troubleshooting services. Additionally, candidate will use LINUX/UNIX to configure networks and manage order processing with vendors.
- Provide technical expertise in the requirement specification, configuration, and testing of VoIP network elements and network infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise in the design and testing of VoIP products and services.
- Experience with LAN/WAN environments and solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of standard business software (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Significant experience with LINUX/UNIX, with a solid grasp of administrative and scripting functions.
- Must have strong IP and VoIP protocol interoperability troubleshooting skills.
- Must have networking experience
- Familiarity with Polycom, Yealink, and Cisco products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to speak with clients directly in a professional manner and assist with all technical requests.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Hands on IP knowledge, preferably backed up with a Cisco CCNA/CCNP accreditation
- Manage third parties/equipment vendors to ensure products processing
- Experience with IP/PBXs